Let us assure you that your family’s health and safety is our number one priority. Many of you have reached out asking how Roberson Funeral Home & Crematory is handling COVID-19. As a funeral home, our facility is considered to be an “essential service,” meaning our staff is still able to conduct funeral, cremation, and burial services at this time. We are closely monitoring the evolving COVID-19 outbreak and following CDC, state, and local health guidelines for funeral homes.
Here’s what you need to know:
- We are remaining diligent in our response to ensure the well-being of our staff, the families we serve, and the Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda communities. At this point, we are able to fully accommodate indoor and outdoor services at Roberson Funeral locations — but please contact us for details, as regulations are constantly changing.
- We have hand sanitizer, tissues, and hand soap available throughout our funeral home.
- If your family needs to meet with our staff, we encourage you to schedule a meeting via phone call. Currently, we are limiting in-person arrangement meetings to only two people but additional participants are invited to join via phone call.
- It is natural to show you care by shaking hands, hugging, and gathering close together. We are reminding everyone to limit personal contact and give the appropriate distance to others.
- We are diligently cleaning all high-touch surfaces, including all door handles, faucets, countertops, toilets, and water fountains.
- If you are feeling sick, please stay home, keeping in mind there will be opportunities in the future to visit with loved ones and express condolences.
- We are trained, educated, and responsible when handling those who have died. Let us assure you that we are providing the same dignified and exceptional care we are known for – now and in the days ahead.